The goals of the Committee are to enhance the state of preparedness within the heritage institutions and professions in relation to disasters of natural or human origin, and to promote better integration of the protection of heritage structures, sites or areas into national, local as well as international disaster management, including mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery activities. Through the sharing of experience and the development of a professional network, the Committee aims to stimulate and support activities by ICOMOS National and International committees for enhancing disaster risk management of cultural heritage. ICORP also supports ICOMOS in its role as the founding partner of the International Committee of the Blue Shield (ICBS).
- Collaborating with international, national and non-governmental organizations to integrate the protection of cultural heritage places into disaster risk planning;
- Creating knowledge, delivering training and building capacity to reduce the loss of cultural heritage places;
- Identifying, undertaking and reviewing scientific research on disaster risk planning for cultural heritage places and disseminating best practices;
- Developing the instruments to enable ICOMOS to meet its obligations under the 1972 World Heritage Convention regarding risk reduction.
- Representing ICOMOS in the Blue Shield organizations;
- Coordinating and bringing to bear the full resources of ICOMOS in the face of disasters;
- Ensuring representation within ICORP of all cultures and regions in the world.
Please also submit the following:
1) Curriculum Vitae
2) Two References (please have them send these directly to the contact email above)
Membership application form:
1- PDF format
2- Word format